HomeAboutContact

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Camp Wannalearnalot - Classroom Pics

I have now met all my new kinders and I'm excited to begin our year! This week we are finishing home visits. Then next week we will have a staggered start so that we can assess each child. This is the first time our school has done this and we hope it will be super successful allowing us to do it again in the future. The most exciting news is that our Admin approved the purchase of licenses for ESGI. I learned about this program on The Polka Dot Patch and am so glad she shared. We are looking forward to using this program during our staggered start days so that we can immediately have information about our kids abilities. We don't have a math a computer based math assessment so let me know if anyone has a great one they use.



My class has finally begun to come together so I am posting pictures. Last year was the first year I used the Camping theme and I LOVED it. I loved walking into my room every day. This year I bought some more things and I have added some ideas found by blog stalking. I want to thank Clutterfree classroom for her ideas and First Grade Owls for her cutesie Color OWLS. I love DJ inkers clipart as you can see:) There is another site I purchased camping clipart from but I can't remember just now as I bought it last year.

This will be my job chart.
This is my SMARTboard with my rules above.  I use WBT and have other graphics to go with the rules as we are learning them. 
This is my science area.
Soon I will also add Camper
of the Week to the bboard.
This is as you come in the
front door. You see our new
Circle Time chart and above our
Daily Destinations with
room for our Anchor Charts.

Housekeeping 
Block Play
Art Area

Outside our classroom. This didn't come out so well in the picture.  I still need to add something....hmmm...maybe a giant rock?
This will be my Math/Literacycenters. The table needs moved over. removed the legs. The stand will also sit on the floor.
I changed my CAFE into
a FISH chart (Fluency, Improving Accuracy, Strengthening Comprehension, and Hooking New Vocabulary).  I will also have Math Meadow on this board in the opposite corner.  I plan to use this to build math concepts we are learning.  My birthday bug jars are underneath.



This is the view as you walk in the door. My dear mom made the curtains.  The "pond" carpet is our meeting area.


No comments:

Post a Comment