HomeAboutContact

Friday, April 29, 2011

Litter Bugs Revealed!!

Today the judges come by to evaluate the entries and I am so pleased at the results of our hard work! The kids had super amounts of fun creating their litterbugs and you can tell.


We read the poem We are Plooters by: Jack Prelutsky and then wrote Earth Pledge's as well. (I found this link at 123 and ABC originally from Babalisme - These photos were taken before adding our pledges.)



Unfortunately it looks like the lighting is off to show just how spectacular this looks in real time:) We made the title using recycled newspaper. Then we made bugs with squashed cans, plastic bottles, and egg cartons. I spray painted the cans white in order to recieve the color the kids chose using permanent markers. I also spray painted the plastic bottles and the kids used colored tape and markers to decorate. Of course they all needed pipe cleaner antennae and some added legs. Wings were made from either saved ends from laminate or recycled shopping bags. Top it off with some googly eyes and wala! We made flowers from cardboard/toilet paper tubes and a plastic floor cleaner bottle, plastic flowerpot, and a milk carton. I used hot glue to attach the parts (teacher only) and to adhere to the board. Now we wait to see who the winners are. I'll post some other bulletin boards that were done at our school as well. (I took these photos before adding our pledges - I'll repost a new photo later:) )

No comments:

Post a Comment